Hello SPARC community! Thank you for joining our mailing list, and welcome to Embers – SPARC’s monthly e-newsletter.
Hard to believe it’s March already! It’s been a busy February for the SPARC team, and the coming month promises to keep us on our toes as well…
Our first annual deadline for the Collaborative Community Initiatives fund passed on February 28th, and the evaluation team is looking forward to reading through the exciting applications we received.
Our Symposium team continues to do incredible work; assisting attendees with their registration, accommodations, and travel plans, and finalizing all of our speakers, panelists, and workshop leaders. To learn more about the team and the work they do in Cobalt and the surrounding area, read their bios here.
Tomorrow morning Rebecca (SPARC’s Network Coordinator) leaves for the Yukon where she will join other national and international delegates at the N3 Arts Presenters Summit in Whitehorse for a week! This will be an awesome opportunity for SPARC to make some connections with this Northern network. You can follow Rebecca’s adventures on Twitter andInstagram while she is away.
And as she shares her adventures, our members will continue to do some sharing in the Members’ Facebook group. Our discussion topic right now is “Resources”: What resources do you love and find yourself recommending to others? Why do you like them?
What haven’t you been able to find? Is there a resource you’re looking for?
Some resources the SPARC team has shared so far include:
* ArtBridges (a hub and forum for connection for anyone interested in or active in community-engaged arts and arts for social change in Canada)
* Pocket Sights (An affordable app for creating self-guided walking tours for mobile devices)
* This Open Space (A website that connects artists with unconventional performance or gallery spaces)
Finally, here’s what you can expect to find below (and in each monthly newsletter):
- SPARC News
- A SPARC Member Profile
- Some upcoming skill development opportunities (webinars, workshops etc.)
- Some upcoming funding deadlines (and a link to a larger list for you to peruse)
Thank you for reading and for helping us build a stronger, more vibrant network together!